Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dancing

To be honest, I am not totally sure how I felt during the video. I liked seeing everyone do the same dance in different cities, countries and cultures. It was really interesting to see everyone join together in so many different places to dance in a similar way. I have no idea why the Dancing project resonated with so many people around the world because to be honest I have never heard of it before. But I will admit, if I saw matt dancing in the middle of PLU I would be right there with him, I would be one of the people joining him, because it would make me happy.

Everyone expresses themselves in many different ways. Many of these ways include art. Drawing, writing, dancing, singing … whatever you consider art to be. I believe that art is a human universal and everyone can express their selves through it. Dancing is a form of expression that everyone can relate to in some way. If you made, angry, sad, happy, excited, I say you should dance about it and let your feelings out.

1 comment:

  1. Good start to the discussion, but I'd have liked to see you expand a bit on your second paragraph... art is universal as self-expression... but why?

    ReplyDelete