Sunday, May 17, 2009

Education In Public Schools

I believe anthropology could contribute to finding a solution for the education of diverse students in public schools. I say this because every day I go to class I notice someone of a different ethnic, race and background. Because anthropologists have a background in getting to know and trying to better understand cultures I believe they would be a great asset to public schools. They would know how to better understand each individuals needs personally and privately. They understand that every person needs need to be met and that not everyone can adapt to the same way of learning or style of teaching.

While sitting in class I often notice foreign exchange students from places such as china that have their little computer translator things in class because they are unable to understand out language. I am not saying that our schools need to speak Chinese just to make it easier for students, but I believe that anthropologists would be able to make this situation better for them because they would be able to look in to their culture and better understand them and where they are from.

No comments:

Post a Comment